Sitecore Media Essentials
I spent months developing this module and it has been accepted and approved by Sitecore.
The goal of Sitecore Media Essentials is to centralize useful features to help Sitecore users manage the media library of their websites.
At this moment Sitecore Media Essentials has three functionalities:
- Export Media
Exports the media selected to a ZIP file.
The ZIP can be download it right after the file is generated OR
The ZIP is intentionally left inside DATA folder so it can be accessed at any time.
- Unused Media
Identify all unused media and gives the option to move them to recycle bin or delete them.
- Auto-Fill Alt tags
Fills in Alt tags with the name of the item.
Participate! If you have ideas please get in touch! This module is for you 🙂
Here is a short list of next features coming:
- Auto-fill Alt Tags to get filled with proper image ‘identification’ rather then image name
- Identify nodes in the Media Library with more than 25 items
- Display SIZE of each media and total being used and not used
- Move unused media to specific folder
- Display ‘loading’ icon during processing
- Compress Images to a limited size or percentage
- List all pages where each media is referred
- List all media updated before/after specific date
- List all media with warning fields
- Identify images larger than specific size
The code is available on GitHub so feel free to use it:
I hope you find this useful and if anything is not working as expected please feel free to contact me.
Also feel free to send suggestions for more functionalities related to media items.
Here is the link to the module: