Just Sharing this awesome Sitecore Powershell Extensions module.
Description below (this text is copied from module page)
The module provides a command line (CLI) and scripting environment (ISE) for automating tasks. SPE works with the Sitecore process, capable of making native calls to the Sitecore API. Running commands and writing scripts follow the standard and well-known Windows PowerShell syntax. Windows PowerShell is a common tool used in IT for desktop and server management, so we decided to stick with that as a framework to build upon.
- having to make a mundane change to a large number of pages?
- in need of getting statistics on item fields or field types usage?
- being curious of e.g. what’s the oldest page on your site?
- having to copy or move a large number of files from one folder to another or between databases?
- renaming or deleting files in your Media Library en-masse?